Wednesday 15 April 2015

The Gadget Addicts Blog: Some Thoughts

Hi there.

This site has been pretty inactive for nearly two years, in fact I believe the last post I made on here was coverage of the iPhone 5S release announcements. A lot has happened in that time.

Since then, I've largely abandoned the gadgety end of my output, focusing primarily on the gaming side of things and growing my YouTube channel. At this point I'm approaching 100,000 views and well on my way towards 1000 subscribers.

Some of you will be sat there saying "so why are you still The Gadget Addicts if you're not going on about gadgets?" Well, to answer that, there's two reasons:


  1. I'm lazy and by the time I'd decided to focus entirely on gaming I didn't feel like the effort of rebranding was worth it.
  2. I like the name, The Gadget Addicts. I don't want to be one of those YouTubers that would be "MikeFTW" or "MikeGames" or shit like that. My handle is unique and I don't want to lose it.
However, despite my focus on YouTube, one thing that making videos doesn't satisfy (much as I love it) is my love for writing. For a while I was able to flex my writing muscles by writing for WhatCulture, a click bait list site, but that's out the window now.

I've held onto this blogger page because I was quite happy with the writing I'd done before and I don't ever like the idea of wiping the slate clean and losing work that I've done in the past. That was part of the reason I didn't rebrand my YouTube channel as I would have had to delete my channel and I've put far, FAR too much work into that to just click a button and throw it all away.

So in an effort to rebuild my writing, I'm going to start using this blog to talk about what's on my mind, what I've been living through, experiencing and more importantly, cover the kinds of things I don't normally do on my YouTube channel.

If you've seen my channel, you'll see that I have a weekly series called Crucible Chat where I do get to talk about whatever is on my mind, however because this is a weekly thing I often miss important topics I want to talk about because by time the weekend comes around a lot of topics are out of people's conciousness or have been discussed to death already, so whatever point I can make would be moot. Using this blog I can talk about the things that wouldn't get into a Crucible chat either by my own standards of what I'll talk about on video or because by time the video would be made the subject will have passed.

Beyond that, I'll also be talking about games, the industry and everyting in between. I hope you enjoy what I've got to say.

For now, I'll sign off and look out for blog posts coming soon.

Mike

0 comments:

Post a Comment